Thursday, February 24, 2011

Overwork or Late Winter?

The tireds are taking over us all.  I've been feeling stretched for a while, but now the whole family has it.  Even my camera has joined in; the batteries died this morning.  We all need a charging. 

So today we slept in until 8am.  We'll do it again tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday.  Yesterday I stepped away from all the things that needed to be done and spent some time in my sewing room with fabric, iron, and seams.  I think I'll do it again today.

My husband's first romano was a bust.  As he finished stirring and cooking the curd, he realized he had forgotten to add the starter.  That's a deal breaker.  It might form into a cheese but if we let it age it will taste like nothing, or bad.  So we drained it for cottage cheese.  Today he'll try again.

Perhaps our lack of energy is about late winter.  Many of the people on my homeschool forums are expressing similar blahs.  Lent starts in two weeks and is very full. I think I'll take advantage of these blahs to declare a bit of freedom from the should's and rest up a bit.  After all, God didn't give us sabbath rest and the liturgical seasons for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment