Friday, February 25, 2011

On Strike for Spring

After a decent nap, I spent some time in the sewing room and finished all the cutting.  Here is a whole quilt in neat little piles.  Now I start piecing them together.  I love how designs emerge as pieces come together.

My husband made his second attempt at a romano.  Thank God we have so much milk that an extra three gallons is nothing. Learning to make cheese is not a quick process.  I think it can only be done by rich people or people with a cow.  You go through a lot of milk figuring things out.

We moved those giant cabbage plants outside.  I'm optimistic they will be OK in this little greenhouse.  It will give them a little protection while they wait for the garden.

And it's going to be a wait. This morning we woke up to more snow.  By this time of year, I'm usually out in the garden getting beds ready, but this year winter has held on longer.  Last year we had hoops up in early February growing radishes.

Combined with our blahs, we are taking this as a message from God to go on strike for spring.  God will bring spring one way or the other, but it's an opportunity for us to be part of it.  I once heard a great explanation of how prayer works.  God doesn't need our prayers to realize something needs to be done, but God puts those prayers on our hearts so that we can enjoy sharing the goodness of answering prayer with God.  Count me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment