Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things I Never Thought We'd Say

This homesteading, self-sufficient living, has brought unexpected words to my lips and ears:

"I love milk."

"My God, that ricotta is good."

"Can I go play with the chickens?"

"Get off the cow and leave her alone."

"Stop eating all the eggs."

"Would you massage my arms?"

"Can I milk tonight?"

"Oh yea, granola bars!"

"I hope it rains."  (...so we don't have to weed)

"Can I go walk beefy?"

"That cow is making eyes at you."

"I love milking at night." (in January when the stars were out)

"I love moving hay." (because she gets to drive the baby tractor)

"Mozzarella is my favorite cheese."

"The soil is in my blood."

and my favorite... "Every single thing we're having for dinner we grew and made ourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment