Thursday, July 21, 2011

Difference of Good Tools

The life of pulling weeds and hoeing hard dirt got us thinking, again, about spending some money on a good wheel hoe.  We've heard good things about Valley Oak Tools, so we ordered from them.

The hoe arrived a few days ago and we've been using it each morning.  It's really miraculous how much we can get done with this tool.  Our daughters can use it even on stubborn weeds. 

Here my daughter worked an area for about ten minutes.  I think the same area would have taken me an hour with a hoe.

I did three furrows and cleared two bed in about 15 minutes.  It would have taken me over an hour to do all that.  The wheel hoe takes some strength to push, but no more than the same amount of time with a hoe.  My arms feel it, but my back doesn't feel it at all.

Praise God for the smart people who come up with these tools that make our life sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment