Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ready to Go

We have spent the day packing and getting ready.  We made wheat crackers, even enough to leave some home.  We sliced cheese.  We packed jerky into neat bags for the drive there and the drive home.  We cut up carrots and celery.  We grabbed the dehydrated peaches.  The water bottles are filled.  Clothes are packed.  Enough electronics to entertain us for days are stashed away.  And some wool blankets and boots are shoved under the seat, just in case.

I'm looking forward to this time with my two teenage daughters.  With a large family, we get so little one-on-one time, so this is special.  I hope at LA Congress they taste some of the joy and grace that I have felt at this amazing conference.  I hope that sharing this time together deepens and grows our relationship and that this trip is a source of fond memory for years to come.

But I'm sad to leave the younger ones and my husband.  I wish they could just go into stasis while we're gone, instead of having to keep up with all the work while we're gone. They have been so encouraging and selfless as they help us prepare, knowing what fun we will have that they will be missing.

What blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment