Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pre-Garden

As our egg production has come up, we are getting used to cooking with eggs again.  Our youngest is so happy to have scrambled eggs for breakfast every day and puddings have re-emerged in our menu plan. 

Everybody loves rice pudding.  After making it once the traditional way, I tried it with brown rice.  One daughter says it is better.  The others can't tell any difference.

Those sorry looking cabbages are looking less dead.  I trimmed all the nasty leaves off and new growth has already emerged.  I think it must have been sun exposure that did them in.  Okay, lesson learned.

It is snowing again today. Next week would be the traditional time to prepare the garden and get cold weather things planted like carrots, lettuce, peas, etc.  My older daughter said, "I hope it keep snowing so we don't have to work in the garden.  Wait!  You'll just make go out there in the mud.  I hope it dries up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment