Saturday, January 22, 2011

That Was Awful

Today was the day to give Christina the shot.  Since my huband did the shots when she had milk fever, he said it was my turn.  Oh no.  I've been praying all week that she'd go into heat on her own and we wouldn't have to do the shot.  But she didn't, so we do.  It went badly.

I tried twice to give her the shot, but I was overcome with weakness and shakes.  Each time the needle barely went in.  Blessedly, my husband took over.  The first time she jumped away from the needle.  The second time he got the needle and serum into her.  So poor Christina got poked four times and had to deal with uptight, nervous people.  I feel like such a woos.   At least it's over.

The breeder guy comes on Tuesday morning and hopefully the breeding will be successful. 

With the new pedal grinder, our teenagers are now calling flour grinding exercise instead of work.  My 13 year old happily sat up, read her book, and pedaled away.  Only when my younger daughter demanded a turn did she stoop.  That's what we like, kids fighting over wheat grinding!

No comments:

Post a Comment