Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gentle Growing

I'm giving a parish retreat with two other gifted speakers so daily preparations have eaten up my blog time.  But I have had a chance to do a few things. 

Our clothespin bag was literally falling apart.  I cut off the old fabric and used it to draft a pattern.  I made another bag, sewing the metal form right into it.  This hardy canvas should hold up for many years.

After a season of drying clothes indoors, I'm so ready for some outside drying.  When clothes dry in the sun it eliminates all off odor.  The diapers especially have developed a little off odor and after only one session in the sun, everything smells fresh and nice.  Ah, the blessings of sun disinfecting.

Right after we finished up the garden, the weather turned cool and wet.  I'm so happy that our seeds are getting watered in and that life has been easy on the transplants.  Our little cabbages and lettuces are sitting up straight and already starting to grow. 

I love the garden at this stage. Not a weed in sight, the furrows so straight and all the plants so well behaved. It won't last long, so I enjoy it while it lasts.

Tonight our parish mission concludes with the way of the cross from Jesus' perspective.  My heart is so firmly enveloped by this land and this family, but it sure is good to share faith with other servants of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment