Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Home Eating & Vacationing

As Christina dries off, we look forward to our first opportunity to travel. We are planning some camping and a long trip to California.  In the past our vacation food came in freezer bags and boxes.  This year we want to take some of our homestead with us.

The freezer in our trailer can take a lot, but not enough frozen milk for ten days.  Suddenly, I remembered the milk that I sterilize for culture and thought of canning milk for our trip.  The milk tastes cooked, but on oatmeal it will be good.  Yesterday, I canned 7 quarts of milk and 2 quarts of cream for my coffee.

We're also thinking of canning pudding.

Last week with a wonderful time with some friends.  We both decided the Fair was too expensive and we would do a home Fair Day.  My friend, Heather, wrote a wonderful blog post about it at Not A Carbon Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment