Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Apricots

Our one-year-old apricot tree produced only one apricot, which is already gone.  So we bought some from somebody selling them off their mature tree.

Fresh apricots are just barely okay in my opinion, but they are my favorite fruit dehydrated and in jam.  I got a bunch prepped for some solar drying using the racks from my electric dehydrator.  I think I've read it takes 2-3 days in the sun.

Almost three-quarters of them weren't ripe enough.  After sorting them, I put them in paper bags to work on ripening.  I left them in the pantry area, not because that is better than any where else, but because it's the mostly likely place I'll notice them. Too many times I've stumbled upon things a week after I should have worked on them.  I blame these lapses in memory on number of children rather than number of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment